Children with William Triplett Dishman Sr.:
Note - Living persons are excluded from this website so not all marriages or children may be listed above.
- [S144] Westmoreland County Death Register, 1866, line 10, age 70, d. 1 Dec 1866 in Westmoreland Co. of consumption, son of Wm. and J. W. Dishman, born in Westmoreland, farmer, wife Mary H. Dishman (source).
- [S178] There is over a 10 year period that the marriage records are missing in Westmoreland and this is the period that William married Jane W. Cannaday. The name Jane W. is proved by the records but the name Cannaday does not appear. James D. Dishman determined that she was a Cannaday from a letter written by her son John Dishman to his half brother William Dishman, who was then living in Washington County, Va., dated 1836 in which he made reference to "Uncle Ruben". A search of the records of Westmoreland County indicates that this most likely referred to Ruben Cannaday, so Cannaday is assumed to be Jane W.'s surname.
- [S52] Westmoreland County Deed & Will Book: 19, pp. 327-328, 21 Sep 1797, William Dishman and Jane his wife to Theodore Wills, 6 acres, adjoins land of John Cannaday.
- [S144] Westmoreland County Death Register, 1866, line 10, died at age 70, son of Wm. and J.W. Dishman.
- [S102] James Dallas Dishman, Dishman Descendants Chart.
- [S33] Assumptions: William Triplett Dishman remarried in May 1810, so it is assumed that Jane W. Cannaday died about 1810.
- [S413] Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940, William Deatley and Susan White entry, m. 28 Jan 1858 Westmoreland Co.; groom, single, b. 1828 Westmoreland, son of Meredith and Susan Deatley; bride, widowed, b. 1820 Westmoreland, dau. of ____ and Jane Dishman.
- [S144] Westmoreland County Death Register, 1866, line 10, mother recorded as J.W. Dishman.