John Dishman Jr.1
#202, (circa 1730 - circa April 1791)
|Birth*||circa 1730 ||John Dishman Jr. was born circa 1730 in Westmoreland County, Virginia.5 |
|(Heir) Will||20 Mar 1738/39 ||He was named an heir in the will of John Dishman Sr. dated 20 Mar 1738/39 in Westmoreland County, Virginia.3,6 |
|Marriage*||circa 1754 ||John Dishman Jr. married Ann Triplett, daughter of Francis Triplett and Mildred Edrington, circa 1754.7,4 |
|LandDeed*||2 Oct 1755 ||John Dishman Jr. received 150 acres in King George County, Virginia, from Francis Triplett and Mildred Edrington on 2 Oct 1755.8 |
|Tax List*||1787 ||John Dishman Jr. appeared on the Tax List of 1787 in Westmoreland County, Virginia.9 |
|Will*||17 Jan 1790 ||He made a will on 17 Jan 1790 in Westmoreland County, Virginia.10,11 |
|Death*||circa Apr 1791 ||He died circa Apr 1791 in Westmoreland County, Virginia.12 |
|Probate*||26 Apr 1791 ||His estate was probated on 26 Apr 1791 in Westmoreland County, Virginia.10,11 |
- [S4] Charles M. Marsteller, "The Dishman Family of Pine Hill, c.1752-1905, Westmoreland and King George Counties", Tidewater Virginia Families: A Magazine of History and Genealogy Vol. 9, No. 3 (Nov/Dec 2000). Hereinafter cited as "The Dishman Family of Pine Hill."
- [S11] John Dishman will (20 Mar 1739), Deed Book 9, page 31a, County Clerk's Office, Westmoreland County, Virginia,, names his "two sons Samuel Dishman and John Dishman" as heirs.
- [S11] John Dishman will (1739) Deed Book 9, page 31a.
- [S102] James Dallas Dishman, Compiler, Dishman Family Genealogical Chart (Lynchburg, VA: Privately printed, 1993). Concerning the descendants of Samuel Dishman (Duchemin) (d 1726) and his son John Dishman (d 1739).
- [S33] Assumptions of researcher.
- [S111] Augusta B. Fothergill, Compiler, Wills of Westmoreland County, Virginia, 1654-1800 (Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1973; reprint Richmond, VA: Appeals Press, 1925), p. 107.
- [S12] Ann Triplett Dishman will (20 Mar 1791), Deed Book 18, page 185, County Clerk's Office, Westmoreland County, Virginia.
- [S193] Ruth and Sam Sparacio, compilers, Deed Abstracts of King George County, Virginia (1753-1773) (McLean, VA: Antient Press, 1987). Includes abstracts of King George County Deed Book 4 (1753-1765) and King George County Deed Book 5 (Partial) (1765-1773), p.18, original record from Deed Book 4, pp. 216-218.
- [S118] Netti Schreiner-Yantis and Florene Speakman Love, compiler, The 1787 Census of Virginia (Springfield, VA: Genealogical Books in Print, 1987), p. 1115. Hereinafter cited as 1787 Virginia Census.
- [S111] Augusta B. Fothergill, Westmoreland Co. Wills 1654-1800, p. 191.
- [S139] John Dishman Jr. will (17 Jan 1790), Deed Book 18, page 184, County Clerk's Office, Westmoreland County, Virginia.
- [S111] Augusta B. Fothergill, Westmoreland Co. Wills 1654-1800, p. 191, assume death occurred near probate date.