Mother: Caroline Virginia McGinniss2 b. 23 Sep 1860, d. 21 May 1891
Note - Living persons are excluded from this website so not all marriages or children may be listed above.
- [S326] WWII Draft Cards, 1942, (database online) http://www.Ancestry.com, SN U087, King George County, VA, James Cleveland Grigsby.
- [S884] James Cleveland Grigsby, Virginia Death Certificate, born 10 Oct 1884 in Virginia, died 10 Jul 1970 in Fredericksburg, VA, married, father James D. Grigsby, mother Caroline V. McGinniss, informant Culena R. Grigsby (wife).
- [S25] Shiloh Church Cemetery, Birth date on gravemarker: 1884.
- [S9] Socail Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index," database, Ancestry.com, James Grigsby entry, SSN 224-42-8008, born 10 Oct 1884, died Jul 1970.
- [S726] The Daily Star, 7 Sep 1914, p.2.
- [S25] Shiloh Church Cemetery, Death date on gravemarker: 1970.
- [S291] The King George News, 15 Jul 1970.
- [S289] King George County Historical Society, King George Co. Church Cemeteries, p. 202, Shiloh Baptist Church, J. Cleveland Grigsby entry.
- [S169] King George County Fiduciary Bond Book, No. 6 (1893-1904): page 16.
- [S598] King George County Guardianship Accounts, unknown volume, p.362-369 and p.444-447, 1906-1909, guardian George W. Grigsby, wards Bettie B. Grigsby, Edna W. Grigsby, James C. Grigsby, and Lillie M. Grigsby.
- [S46] 1900 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), King George County, Virginia, Andrew McGinniss household, ED 42, Sheet 5A, Line 40 (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.), image 9 of 19.
- [S47] 1910 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), King George County, Virginia, J. Cleveland Grigsby household, ED 58, dwelling 31, family 30, line 54 (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.).
- [S198] WWI Draft Cards; Virginia, King George County, Local Board (Code No. 45-1-22C); Record Group 163, National Archives and Records Administration - Southeast Region, card of James Cleveland Grigsby, serial no. 280, order no. A324.
- [S48] 1920 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), King George County, Virginia, Cleveland Grigsby household, ED 61, Shiloh District, Sheet 1A, line 38 (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.), image 1 of 15.
- [S156] The King George News, 15 Dec 1966.
- [S49] 1930 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), King George County, Virginia, ED 50-6, Shiloh District, Sheet 14A, Household 315 (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.).
- [S749] The King George News, 8 Nov 1951, p.1.
- [S334] Ida M. Grigsby will (1955), Will Book 7, page 213.
- [S294] J. Cleveland Grigsby will (1970), Will Book 10, page 281.