Note - Living persons are excluded from this website so not all marriages or children may be listed above.
- [S106] Dishman Family, Informal Genealogical Notes Personal papers of James Dallas Dishman, Chart 1.
- [S42] 1850 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), King George County, Virginia, p. 226, dwelling 348, line 348, Enoch Edwards household (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.), image 43 of 62. Enoch, age 62, Ann, age 49, Mary Massey, age 83.
- [S100] Elizabeth Nuckols Lee, King George Co. Va Marriages, Vol. I, p. 19.
- [S346] Genealogical papers of William Anderson Hagey, ca. 1940-1998, Virginia Historical Society, box 2, file 115, "Dishman, James (1712-1800) and Mary (Weedon), 3 of 5", will of Mary Massey dated 27 Dec 1847, codicil 29 Dec 1856, proved 2 Sep 1858 in King George County, Va (KGC Will Book 4, p. 123).
- [S133] James Dishman, Sr. will (1800), Will Book 2, page 271.
- [S346] Genealogical papers of William Anderson Hagey, ca. 1940-1998, Virginia Historical Society, box 2, file 114, "Dishman, James (1712-1800) and Mary (Weedon), 2 of 5", cites will of William Dishman Sr. dated 23 May 1810, proved 23 Jul 1810 in Westmoreland Co., Va, Westmoreland Deeds and Wills Book 22, p. 106, names son James Dishman, son William Dishman, daughter Ann Bryant, granddaughter Ann Monroe Massey, and daughter Mary Massey.